A wallet made from fish leather! You've heard of snakeskin and eel skin leather, but have you ever seen fish leather? This one-of-a-kind wallet is made from Nile Perch fish leather from the cool waters of Africa’s Lake Victoria. While everyone else has a wallet from the land, you can have a wallet from the sea. It won’t help you breathe underwater, but Aqua Man would still be proud.
Why The Upstream Tan Fish Leather Wallet Stands Out from the Crowd:
- It's Made from Fish Leather! - Enough said.
- Unique - distinctive scale patterns
- Sustainaxble - most fish skin goes to waste. One tonne of fish fillets ‘produces’ almost 40 kilograms of fish skin and we turn that into durable leather.
- Durable - The fiber structure of fish skin runs crosswise, rather than parallel like most other leathers. This characteristic makes it resilient to stresses in any direction with high tensile strength.
- Ultra-thin Leather - each piece of leather is graded to 0.7mm thin.
- Hand-cut and hand-stitched - by women and men by the shores of Lake Victoria. This wallet provides dignified work for communities in western Kenya.
- Kitenge Lining - each wallet is lined with its own, unique traditional 100% cotton African fabric. No two wallets are the same.
- Six card slots
- Two hidden slots between the cash sleeve and the cards slots
- Perfect for your back pocket: 4.1” wide x 2.8” tall x 0.4” thick
- Great for US and Canadian bills.